Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oliver + S

I've got to have sewing patterns, too, don't ya think? I confess, I need some 'following patterns' lessons. I know tutorials are out there, and I need to read up. I've attempted following a few patterns, and I don't quite get it. The notchings, the dotted lines, the straight lines - I'm not always sure what I'm looking at. And I'm always a little apprehensive to make clothes for my babies knowing that they will likely outgrow them by the time I finish. What I do know is that these patterns are gorgeous. And the blog world out there loves them. I love the many many different directions people have taken a simple pattern.

Here's a most recent pattern set:














Take a look at this great pattern, the playdate dress:
















Now look at just 3 different ways sewers have interpreted the pattern. Oh, yes:

















































Oliver + S

No comments: