Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Laura Gunn

I have a confession. When I was a kid, I swam against a girl named Laura Gunn. She was always faster than me. Always. Maybe that is why I've sort of ignored Laura Gunn the fabric designer, I'm still feeling competitive. I'm pretty sure they are no relation. I'm not sure if this Laura Gunn has the same swimming skills, but she definitely has mad designing skills. The fabrics are bright and colorful and the patterns appear to be painted on. Such a unique look.
Again, I'm drawn to these fabrics with the purpose of creating a blouse. A blouse I'm too afraid to make. But I'd make it out of any one of these.

I found this photo on Hawthorne Threads. The fabric is from Laura's Lantern Bloom line:


















And these 2 are from her newer Poppy line. Beautiful stuff:
































Laura Gunn

No comments: